The Kirkwood Center Post Office was established in Broome County in December, 1893. Prior to that, it was Kirkwood Centre. The first postmaster of Kirkwood Center was Eli W. Watrous. On August 14, 1910 the Kirkwood Center Post Office ceased operations and began receiving service from Kirkwood.
KIRKWOOD CENTRE/AUG/6/1894/N.Y. CDS 27mm Black, Black target cancel on 2 cent brown violet Columbian (#231). Note: Old spelling used after official name change.
KIRKWOOD CENTER/JAN/19/1903/N.Y. Black 28mm CDS; Black target cancel on 2 cent red issue of 1898 (279B).
Home, Next Page, Previous Page, Index Page,