The Edson Post Office was established in Broome County on January 29, 1892. The first postmaster of Edson was Adna B. Barton. The Edson Post Office was discontinued on March 15, 1905 and began receiving service from the Susquehanna, Pennsylvania Post Office.
EDSON/NOV/8/1897/N.Y. Black 27mm CDS with target killers tying 8 cent violet brown (#272) and 2 cent carmine Type III Bureau issues paying the 8 cent registry fee and 2 cent first class postage. Magenta "REGISTERED/NOV 11 1897/AUGUSTA MAINE" on rear.
EDSON/OCT/25/1899/N.Y. CDS 27mm Black, concentric ring killer on 2 cent carmine Type III (279B) WINDSOR, N.Y./OCT/25/3 PM/1899/REC'D and SOUTH MONTROSE/OCT/26/1899/PA. on rear
EDSON/AUG/10/1904/N.Y. Black 28mm CDS, cork killer on 2 cent carmine (# 319). Black WINDSOR/AUG/10/2PM/1904/N.Y. CDS and Black MARATHON, N.Y./AUG/11/7AM/1904/REC'D CDS on rear.
Home, Next Page, Previous Page, Index Page,