The Center Village Post Office was established in Broome County on August 2, 1893. The name was changed from Centre Village. The first postmaster of Center Village was George W. Austin. The Center Village Post Office was closed on June 30, 1947, when service began to be provided from Harpursville.
CENTERVILLAGE/SEP/17/1896/N.Y. Black 28mm CDS, Black target killer on 10 cent green (#273), paying registration fee. Purple "REGISTERED No." manuscript "38".
CENTER VILLAGE/DEC/31/1919/N.Y. Black 32mm CDS; black 4-bar killer on 1 cent green 3rd Bureau issue.
CENTER VILLAGE/JUN/3o/1947/N.Y. Black 34mm CDS; black 4-bar killer on 3 cent blue postage stamp centenary issue (947). Signature of Clara L. Chubbuck, Postmaster.
Home, Next Page, Previous Page, Index Page,