The Penelope Post Office was established on January 9, 1890. The first postmaster of Penelope was Mrs. Minnie Johnson. The Penelope Post Office ceased operation on July 31, 1906 when service began to be provided by Whitney Point.
PENELOPE/JAN/14/1895/N.Y.Black 27mm CDS, black target killer tying 1 cent ultramarine first Bureau issue (#246) to 1 cent deep blue stamped envelope (#U348).
PENELOPE/DEC/11/1901/N.Y. Black 28mm CDS, target cancel on 1 cent black postal card (# UX12).
Home, Next Page, Previous Page, Index Page,