The Ouaquaga Post Office was established on February 3, 1859 from the Susquehannah Post Office. The first postmaster of Ouaquaga was Lewis H. Tyrrell. The Ouaquaga Post Office utilized a Zip Code of 13826, until it was discontinued on March 11, 1989, when it was converted to a community post office of Harpursville per Postal Bulletin PB 21720.
Ouaquago/June 9, 1862 Manuscript; Franked with 3 cent rose (#65) on patriotic cover.
OUAQUAGA/JUN/19/1882/N.Y. DCDS 28mm Black. Black "wheel of fortune" killer. On 3 cent green stamped envelope, Die 2 (U163) .
OUAQUAGA/NOV/8/1883/N.Y. CDS 27mm Black, Concentric ring killer. Franked with the 2 cent vermillion Banknote (#183) paying the new letter rate effective October 1, 1883.
Home, Next Page, Previous Page, Index Page,