The Howes Post Office, was established in Broome County on May 12, 1898. The first postmaster of Howes was Philo P. Howe. On December 31, 1914, the Howes Post Office ceased operation and began receiving service from the Sanford Post Office.
The First Postmaster of Howes : Philo P. Howe
The Howes Post Office : Circa 1900
HOWES/MAY/21/1900/N.Y. Black 28mm CDS, target killer on 2 cent carmine stamped envelope. Black "DEPOSIT,N.Y./MAY/21/2PM/1900/REC'D" CDS and Black HARPURSVILLE,N.Y./MAY/22/9AM/1900/REC'D CDS on rear.
HOWES/MAR/AM/1913/N.Y. Black 32mm CDS, 4 bar killer on 1 cent green on Easter Greetings postcard.
Home, Next Page, Previous Page, Index Page,