The Glencastle Post Office was established in Broome County in December, 1895. Prior to that it was Glen Castle. The first postmaster of Glencastle was Titus D. Cook. The Glencastle Post Office was discontinued on March 15, 1920, with future service provided by the Binghamton Post Office.
GLEN CASTLE/JUL/19/A.M./1913/N.Y. Black 30mm CDS, black 4 Bar cancel on 1 cent carmine rose parcel post issue of 1912 (#Q1)paying post card rate. Note: Post office name in CDS is two words, even though officially changed to one word in 1895.
GLEN CASTLE/DEC/22/A.M./1919/N.Y. CDS 33mm Black 4 Bar cancel on 1 cent green booklet pane single. Note: Post office name in CDS is two words, even though officially changed to one word in 1895.
Home, Next Page, Previous Page, Index Page,