The Flowers Post Office was established in Broome County on March 11, 1886. The first postmaster of Flowers was Nancy A. Williams. The Flowers Post Office was discontinued on July 31, 1895 and began receiving service as a Rural Route (#1) of Great Bend, PA. Sometime in the early 1950's, service began to be provided from the Windsor, NY Post Office.
Nancy A. Williams
Location of the Flowers Post Office
FLOWERS/NOV/9/1889/N.Y. Black 27mm CDS, cork killer on 2 cent green (# 213). Black CDS "WINDSOR,N.Y./NOV/9/11AM/1889/REC'D" on rear.
FLOWERS/DEC 21 1892/N.Y. Black 31mm narrow margin double CDS, barred killer on 1 cent dull blue small banknote (# 219). Unsealed flap indicates 3rd class usage, which cost 1 cent per the Act of March 3, 1879.
Home, Next Page, Previous Page, Index Page,